Daily Archives: April 27, 2012
China will have a three day public holiday starting tomorrow, April 29, so the office will be closed until Wednesday. Our weekly report subscribers will get the report two days early as a result.
Over the upcoming weekend, our May 1st early bird discount for the May 22 conference will expire. If you haven’t registered yet and would still like to take advantage of this discount, please take action today.
5 top topics to be discussed at the conference:
1. Once a decade, China gets a new leadership team. What are the implications?
2. Will China continue its path of becoming the world leader in smelting technology?
3. How will calcined coke be marketed and priced in the future?
4. What does the second half of 2012 and the next year hold in store in terms of China’s economy?
5. What are the risks for forming or not forming strategic partnerships with Chinese suppliers?
We are packing in as much valuable content and discussions as possible and are anticipating a great event.
AZ China is delighted to confirm that Dr Liu Feng Qin will attend our conference in Qing Dao next month.
Dr Liu is probably the best known person in the China aluminium and raw materials space. She has presented countless papers at TMS on the latest technological developments in the areas of petroleum coke calcining, the use of shot cokes and other non-traditional cokes in anodes, and in the latest cathode designs.
As head of Chalco’s R & D in theses areas, and Chalco’s Chief Engineer, she is in the driver’s seat when it comes to smelting technology.
Miss Liu gave a paper at our 2010 conference, as many of you will recall. We are currently discussing topic areas that she could expand on.
I am delighted to have my old friend Miss Liu joining us again this year.